Speaking about the opulent 35mm lens, its history creeps past our masters and goes back to the early days of photography. This is one of the finest lenses ever produced with an absolutely brilliant focal length, which would be more than compatible for any kind of photography. Be it on a full frame or the cropped body this lens has its own connotation.
35mm is the chief dominant not only in photography but also in the film world. During film days, measurement of 35mm refers to the width of the film used, rather than being the actual camera dimension. Later on seeing the success of it, 35mm was adapted into still photography too and has remained popular ever after.
It was during the times of World War I , 35mm was widely used on a Leica camera, making war photographs to the greater extent.
Now, let us consciously study the various factors which make this lens a definite addition to your already existing ones.
Here in this article, we bring you some of the top reasons on why you should have a 35mm lens.
- This is the perfect walk around lens for anyone who would love to shoot anything.
- More versatile apparatus than any other lens. Specially better than 50mm because of it much wider and diverse perspective.
- This may not be the wider wide but yes still wide enough on a full frame and also on a crop body equivalent which would be equivalent to 56mm.
- A fantastic fast lens, a brilliant prime at f/1.4(the fastest in this category) wide open allows more light and acts pretty good in low light difficult conditions, which means stunning & wider low light photographs.
- 35mm for its focal length makes you reach out for the subject, absolutely demanding and making it a must have lens for street and people photography, where the subject becomes more imperative!
- That doesn’t mean to take anything away from shooting landscapes. On a full frame body you wouldn’t want to keep away this lens for shooting landscapes.
- A Large maximum aperture, inexpensive and one single lens serving multipurpose.
- Makes you get really close to the subject you wish to shoot, since the minimum focusing distance is much lesser than the other lenses above the 35mm focal length.
- Tiny, less weight making it easy to carry around and pack for any occasions.
- Works better and great, infact more than for what you had paid for, one of the affordable lenses from the unit of gear.
- Amazing Bokeh, the depth of field is fantastic at f/1.4 which gives you some pleasing and super portraits.
Get it Now!
- Leica 35mm f/2.0 Summicron-M Aspherical Manual Focus Lens (11879)
- Nikon 50mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR FX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 35mm f/2 Wide Angle Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Sony Alpha SAL35F18 A-mount Wide Angle Lens (Black)
- Rokinon 35mm f/1.4 Lens for Canon Cameras
Amazing Photographs with 35mm Lens
Interesting Videos About 35mm Lens
Please check our previous gear related articles here:
- Creative 50mm Lens – Benefits And Fantastic Photos
- Do Wonders With Your Kit Lens – An Overview About 18-55mm
- The Nikon D7000: Expectations Vs Experiences
- 20 Reasons For You To Grab A Canon 5D Mark III
- Top Reasons For You To Grab A Nikon D800