Felidae, this word might sound weird to most of us, but this is how the family of big cats is called biologically. The most closest & familiar felid being our domestic cat which is said to be associated with human for at least 10000 years.
Considered to be very secretive, solitary animals, these felids are generally carnivores. They can adapt them self to live in any kind of climate ranging from desert or snow mountains. That’s how we see snow tigers and leopards adapting and changing themselves to the climatic conditions.
Not to go in detail about their characteristic features, here in this post we bring you a grand collection of felids from this felidae(cat family) ranging from small to large. Check the diverse features of these animals.
Some Interesting Traits of Felids:
- Their Eyes are more powerful than humans, meaning they can see 6 times better than us in dark
- They are very sensitive to high frequency sounds, making them to prey on any moving objects.
- But they can’t distinguish colors like us, they tend to see moving objects more colorfully than still life.
- They can’t chew the prey, since jaws of felids move only vertically.
- Their sounds can be at a range of 50-10,000 hertz.
- All the felids can Spit, hiss, mew, snarl and even growl.
Don’t miss to check out our previous similar posts:
- 35 Fascinating Pictures Of Bird Photography
- 25 Inspiring Portfolio Websites Of Wildlife Photographers – An Inspiration
- Nature & Wildlife Photography – Inspiring Collection
- Interview With Nature & Wildlife Photographer Ganesh H. Shankar
- Wildlife Photographers – A Collection Of Portfolio Websites
- Interview With Wildlife Photographer Marina Cano
All photos are linked and lead to the sources from which they were taken. Please feel free to explore further works of these photographers on their collections or their personal sites.