Audi hires Mexican photographer and art director Felix Hernandez to shoot their $40,000 Q2 crossover for Audi magazine. Felix is famous for miniature photography, he uses a $40 toy car instead. Check this amazing work below, also watch the behind-the-scene video.
You can find Felix Hernandez on the web:
Felix normally works with 1/18 scale models. This was the first time he was using a 1/43 model and he claims to have “learned a lot in the process”. A similar model meant that he needed to make the car look full-sized against realistic-looking backdrops and sets. He used foam core, LEDs, and sandpaper to build the indoor roadway. For the dessert, Felix used polvo fino powder mixed with water and molded it into miniature sand dunes.
Felix Hernandez traveled to Dubai to capture this background shot of the Middle Easter cityscape.
Watch the Behind-The-Scene-Video:
Don’t miss to check these articles:
- Photographer Kai Hartmann Stunningly Captured in Northern China, Inner Mongolia
- Imaginary Tiny Worlds From Everyday Objects: Miniature Photography By Péter Csákvári
- Blending Nature With Miniature By Anindo Rudro
- 13 Amazing Atmospheric Miniature Car Scenes By Photographer Ashraful Arefin
- Aneel Neupane – Most Creative Miniature Photographer from Nepal