Almost every one of us feels bad when we click a picture “focus out”
But there are few artists out there who intentionally shoot things the wrong way sorry their right way. Those blurry out of focus shots are mood quenchers. The more you shoot these kinds, the more you get better and also addicted. These shots are easy to shoot but hard to perceive or explain.
As always we will get you some “simple photography tips and sample pics”.
#1 What to Expect with OOF
- Shooting an image in Out of Focus (OOF) definitely needs an eye for art and intrusion which obviously comes in a lot of practice and creativity.
- At times it is the blur or bokeh which makes the shot very compelling for the viewer, the OOF induces some kind of curiosity and urges to know more about the subject you shoot.
- What we noticed in these kinds of shots is, it creates a lot of honor to the subject and kindles the viewers thought and creativity to build upon something he/she doesn’t know about.
- Pros may argue that bokeh is nothing but the OOF points of light because it is some feature of the image, not the lens itself. One should always remember bokeh is not limited to the highlights or light source alone. Knowing these small things can hugely determine the way you shoot.
We will figure out two main things in Out of focus Photography for you.
#2 What to shoot
- Always look for distinct shapes and structures which might help you to create a beautiful shape when focused out.
- Don’t try to clog the frame with too many characters but at times it may even help you to create a surreal effect which is very pleasing.
- A pose very unique or any action very compelling and which can make the viewer stick his eyes onto is really some winning attributes for this OOF photography.
- Keep playing with this technique well who knows you might create your own formula.
#3 How to Shoot
- It’s no space-science just keep the lens in manual focus keep twitching back and forth.
- Do not forget to choose the largest aperture (=better bokeh) available with your lens.
- The OOF that you see on the viewfinder may not be the same as your result.
- Black & White conversion can hugely translate the mood to the pictures with OOF.
Hence keep practicing keep clicking!
#4 Awesome Examples of OOF Photography
#5 Related Articles
- 5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Pressing That Shutter
- 4 Great Factors To Consider While Shooting Low Light Photography
- Elevating Yourself – 5 Amazing Tips For Any Photographer
- How To Achieve That Perfect Portrait – Effective Tips With Brilliant Examples
- Animals & Street Photography – An Ultimate Collection