Alex Webb born in San Francisco, California started his first stint in Photography right from the high school days. This Passion made him to attend various Photography Workshops with the likes of other Magnum Photographers Bruce Davidson and Charles Harbutt, Alex made a steady and constant growth as a Photographer. By the end of 1976 at the age of 24 he was already an associate member of the great Magnum Photos. His Phenomenal works include life in American south, Mexico, Caribbean, gaining more exposure in all these places made him to constantly work on Color which he persists till today.
His Pictures are strong in Compositional values like any other Magnum Photographer, but then there is his color pictures which stands out, makes us to think, inspire and learn. Fantastic Light play and compositional traits complimenting each other all around. Pure visual treat for any Street Photographer.
His Favorite quote which he always follows “I only know how to approach a place by walking, for what does a street photographer do but walk and watch and wait and talk, and then watch and wait some more, trying to maintain confident that the unexpected, the unknown, or the secret heart of the known awaits just around the corner.”
Publications of Alex Webb
- Alex Webb: The Suffering of Light
- Alex Webb: Istanbul
- Crossings: Photographs from the U.S.-Mexico Border
- Under a Grudging Sun: Photographs from Haiti Libere 1986-1988
- Amazon: From the Floodplains to the Clouds
- Hot Light/Half-Made Worlds: Photographs from the Tropics
- From the Sunshine State: Photographs of Florida
You can find more info about Alex Webb
- Alex Webb website (with Rebecca Norris Webb)
- Alex Webb blog (with Rebecca Norris Webb)
- Streets of Havana Workshop
- Photo Project Workshop 2012 @ the Caption Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Magnum Photos
Please click on the image for better view.
All the pictures in this post are copyrighted to Alex Webb / Magnum Photos. Their reproduction, even in part, is forbidden without the explicit approval of the rightful owners.