Betty is a street and social documentary photographer currently based in Athens, Greece, founder/editor of CUT and DRY Blogzine, and a member of the Photographic Circle collective.
She holds a Business Administration and Marketing Degree. She captures scenes of street life and urban environments and has recently turned to the use of color. Her work has been published in print and digital magazines as well as featured on several photo-related sites such as Photographize 2019, Wonderzofphotography 2019, Photographic Mercadillo 2018, e.t.c.
I strongly believe that street photography undoubtedly affects our capacity to empathize; also, it can help us connect with people worldwide in that way. And that’s so important.
My photographic vision focuses on capturing the essence of a person, the feeling, the soul and spirit of a city, the everyday life as it evolves in urban and rural environments.
What I photograph is defined by what I believe in.
- 2019 Special Mention Open Call “EXTINCTION. THE WORLD WITHOUT US” URBANAUTICA 2019
- 2019 Honorable Mention Street, People category One Shot Street Competition IPA – International Photography Awards 2019
- 2018 Honorable Mention Self Promotion category IPA – International Photography Awards 2018
- 2020 Featured in Street Core Photography eZine nr 12, Jan 2020
- 2019 Featured in LIFE FRAMER Collection, Nov 2019
- 2019 Featured on EdgeofHumanity.com, Nov 2019
- 2019 Featured on URBANAUTICA, Nov 2019
- 2019 Interviewed for Street Photography Magazine, Oct 2019
- 2019 Featured in EYE-SHOT Street Photography Magazine, Aug 2019
- 2019 Published in EYE-PHOTO Magazine, Aug 2019
- 2019 Featured in Street Photography Magazine, Jul 2019 – Street Shooters of July 2019
- 2019 Featured in Photologio.gr Magazine, Jun 2019
- 2017 Published in BTP Magazine No 2, 2017
- 2017 Women Street Photographers You Should Follow on the Web by Spyros Papaspyropoulos (Street Hunters), Jul 2017
Click on the image for an enlarged view.
You can find Betty Manousos on the Web:
All the pictures in this post are copyrighted to Betty Manousos. Their reproduction, even in part, is forbidden without the explicit approval of the rightful owners.