Creativity is vibrant, vital, and ever changing. It’s contagious and unquantifiable. You can’t even really define it. Wikipedia says, “Unlike many phenomena in science, there is no single, authoritative perspective or definition of creativity.” Like water, creativity is something that fuels our growth. It’s something that we always need. The more dried out we are, the more wonderful it is.
Photos by: Daniele Zarri
If you change little things in our regular life style, diffenetly the creative flow will increase. Here are few things you can work around.
- Experience sights, sounds and smells. Sitting still won’t bring new ideas in; experimenting and trying new things will.
- Clean up your working space, Clean up your Camera Bag, Lens, Body, etc.
- Go jogging. Running is a great way to refresh your brain. The effort will also bring satisfaction. Self-esteem is good for creativity.
- Choose a topic and write about it as wonderfully or badly as you possibly can.
- Try and find the pattern between things, and connect the dots between random things just for fun.
- You should understand the random facts around us. The facts will refresh your mind, the new ideas will flow around those.
- Spend time with your children. Or someone else’s.
- Meet new people from different walks of life. Strike up a conversation on the bus.
- Carry a notebook everywhere and write down a list of ideas and draw random arrows between them.
- Let your mind wander and come up with whatever it wants to.
- Provide a conducive environment. The optimal environment varies from person to person, so you’ll need to experiment to find what works best for you.
- Drink a coffee with your buddies. Being happy will make you more productive. It will also give you greater enthusiasm.
- Finding inspiration in what other people have done and what has succeeded (or failed) is a great way to get your feet off the ground again.
- Take a moment to do something that makes you happy; that brings you joy; that you love; that centers you.
- Go to an art gallery, photo exhibitions… learn to appreciate others.
- Get some crayons and warm-up your creativity. Get a piece of paper and draw a totally useless picture of nothing at all.
- The more important is spend time with your family, go out and talk with your partner.
Hey… the list will go on, why don’t you share some of your points and practices in comment section?