Guest Article By: Nancy Young
Photography as form of art needs some source of inspiration from time to time, especially when you feel you’re out of ideas. There are tons of ways to break out of a creative rut. For example, you can try a new photography genre.
The delight of photography is that there are so many genres and techniques to try out! A person may lack lifetime to do this. (A whole lifetime may be not enough to do this) Even professional photographers have a comfort zone of techniques which they are familiar with. Thus, everyone may learn a lot by trying out something new.
I’ve put together 25 inspirational photography posts handpicked from all over the web. Here you’ll find interviews with famous photographers, summer and ice cream photo ideas, mindblowing moon shots, impressive photography portfolios and photo blogs, awesome long exposure and springtime photography, incredible rain and levitation pictures, and many many more.
The main idea behind today’s showcase is to give you some inspiration for those times when creativity seems hard to come by.
1. Photographer Zack Seckler’s Conceptual Photos with a Dash of Quirky Humor
Each photo by Zack Seckler is like a brief story that will definitely make you smile. Some of the pictures here shows ridiculous situations, the others are surreal and random, but all of them are truly funny.
2. 50 Most Strange & Haunting Color Portraits
A beautiful collection elegant portraits will take your breath away.
3. Gabriele Liaudanskaite, a food photographer
Gabriel Liaudanskaite is a 17 year old food photographer from Lithuania. In this post you’ll find an interesting story of how she started out.
4. Using Ordinary Objects in the Foreground to Create Interesting Images
Today people use different tools to produce new creative shots. Have you ever imagine how an ordinary object on the foreground can change your photo? Go on and figure it out!
5. 44 Inspiring Photo Blogs for Photography Lovers
Photographers tend to create photo blogs these days. Here the list of 44 really inspiring photo blogs is showcased.
6. Ice Cream Photo Session Ideas
You don’t need to search for colorful ice-cream summer images, because iHeartFaces has made it for you! Fresh summer snapshots collection with a few tips.
7. Alexander Semenov’s Amazing Jellyfish Photos
Russian photographer Alexander Semenov spends lots of time underwater to capture incredibly beautiful jelly fishes. This is a brief interview with him about his works and a few tips to get started.
8. Yaser Almajed
Yaser Almajed is one more talented young photographer from 500px. Inspired by double exposure photography, he creates truly amazing shots.
9. Innovative Fashion Photography Techniques
Fashion photography has dramatically changed for the last few years. Can you picture what would you get by combining a good camera, fashion model, and an octopus?
10. Two Pictures, One Recipe – Lovely Food Photography by Yossy Arefi
Yossy Arefi, a Brooklyn-based photographer spent time working as a baker. So, now you can see a distinctive vibe and a rich quality of light and color on her pictures that Yossy attributes to using vintage film cameras.
11. Toy Camera Photographs Developed with Everything From Juice to Medicine
Have you ever thought of developing the film with different liquids found around the house? Photographer Matthew Cetta does too and now you can see the results of his experiments in this post.
12. 50 Mind Blowing Monsoon Photos
This showcase of monsoon photography will give you a little inspiration to take a few photographs on rainy days.
13. Watercolor Colorful Photography to Get Inspired
Summer is a perfect season for capturing awesome colorful shots.
14. 100 Fantastic Websites with Full Size Image Background You Should See
Using a full-size photo as a website background can spice up your design in comparison with traditional layouts. Take a look at this great showcase of 100 websites with full-size image background.
15. Break the Rules: 100 Lomo Photography Ideas to Get Inspired
Lomo movement was born in early ‘90s by a group of Viennese students who discovered the Lomo LC-A camera while on vacation in Prague. Here you’ll find a collection of 100 stunning, vivid, and creative lomography shots!
16. 80 Impressive Photography Portfolios And Photoblogs To Draw Inspiration From
Here you’ll see a healthy mix of 40 useful photoblogs and 40 amazing portfolios of famous photographers from all over the Internet.
17. Escape from reality into a mysterious dream: Breathtaking Pictures by Julie de Waroquier
French photographer Julie de Waroquier takes airy and light pictures. All her photos are on the border of reality and mystics.
18. Dark and Detailed – Flower Photography by Valentina
Italian photographer Valentina has an eye for details and beauty. See for yourself!
19. Dog’s Life: Cute Photography Examples
A list of adorable and cute dogs’ photos.
20. 50 Awesomely Inspiring Tumblr Blogs for Photographers
It’s a challenge to find a truly good Tumblr blog, so here is a list of 50 inspiring blogs to boost your creativity.
21. 12 Stunning Examples of Digital Monochrome Photography
Today you can have both color and monochrome from the same shot, which is the main difference between a sensor and film.
22. Reflections: Portraits of the Elderly as They Once Were
“Reflections” is a touching photo series by Tom Hussey where he captured elderly as they reflect on their younger selves in the mirror.
23. 40 Breathtaking Examples Of Springtime Photography
Spring backs nature to life, therefore this season is really amazing. Here you‘ll see 40 breathtaking springtime photography examples.
24. 100 Fantastic Examples of Long Exposure Photography to Take Your Breath Away
Long exposure is used when you want to leave still objects sharp or to blur moving objects in the frame. In this showcase 100 unbelievable and impressive shots are collected.
25. Rain Photography to Freshen Up Your Days
Rain photography is fresh and beautiful. Don’t miss out an opportunity to admire rain on these awesome images.
Not Quite Over
Which post did you like most and why? Tell me in the comment section below. If you like the list, don’t be shy – share it with friends via social media. Stay in touch! More inspiring articles are on the way!
Nancy Young is a passionate writer and blogger. She writes tons of inspirational articles on photography, despite the fact that she is an economist by education. She is a part of the PhotoDoto Team. Get a new eBook about landscape photography for free – one useful gift just for visiting!
Hi, your website is very good, view my website please:
wow it was wonderful