Today, we are introducing a new photography course for Product Photography from Phlearn. This total course is about 3 hours of videos. Photographer Ross Floyd breaks down the theory and fundamentals of lighting objects, how to accurately represent products in an image, and the business side of building and maintaining strong client relationships.
For more than a decade, Ross Floyd has developed his skills and knowledge of product photography working with dozens of clients and taking over 70,000 professional images. In this tutorial, he breaks down the theory and fundamentals of lighting objects, how to accurately represent products in an image, and the business side of building and maintaining strong client relationships.
This course includes:
Chapter 1 | Introduction to Product Photography 1 Videos (1:46m)
- Getting to Know Ross Floyd
Chapter 2 | The Art of Product Photography 4 Videos (29:16m)
- What is Product Photography?
- Telling an Accurate Story
- Describing Material with Light
- The Client Side of Product Photography
Chapter 3 | The Product Photographer’s Toolkit 6 Videos (36:53m)
- Choosing a Camera
- Choosing Lenses
- Backgrounds & Set Design
- Tethered Capture
- Lighting & Strobes
- Lighting Modifiers
Chapter 4 | Seeing Like a Product Photographer 5 Videos (24:56m)
- Shape & Structure
- Angle & Perspective
- Texture & Details
- Light, Shadows & Reflections
- Shooting for Composite
Chapter 5 | Product Photography Photoshoots 7 Videos (1:13h)
- Photoshoot Best Practices
- Oak Cabinet – Quality of Light & Lighting Shapes
- Oak Cabinet – Hard Light for Dramatic Shadows & Texture
- Designer End Tables – Tension & Perspective
- Leather Handbags – Product Styling
- Commuter Backpack – Capturing the Details
- Managing a Photoshoot – Clients, Talent & Creativity
Think of your favorite bag or piece of furniture. What is it you like most about it? Maybe it’s the texture and feel of the materials. Maybe it’s the unique shape or design. Maybe it’s the small details and craftsmanship. We teach you how to express these ideas and more through the tools and techniques of photography.
With over 70,000 images—from designer furniture to fine art, luxury bags to one-of-a-kind treasures—Ross Floyd has photographed it all. Learn from a master of the craft on how to capture the best images possible for eCommerce, print, and web.