Portrait Photography is the most challenging and amazing genre in photography. Here we have put together a collection of Best Portrait Photography Tips on the web. The below articles cover about, how to take Great Portraits, Candids, Self Portraits, Baby Portraits, Children Portraits, Street Portraits, and Indoor Portraits. Please click on the link to read the full article. Hope you will enjoy this post.
#1 Portrait Photography Articles Roundup
a) 101 Portrait Photography Tips
The largest collection of Portrait Photography Tips on the web by Improve Photography. They covered almost every part of Portrait Photography technically as well as subjectively.
b) 22 Articles about Portrait Photography Tips
Portrait Photography Tips by Digital Photography School. Discuss Composition, Posing, Depth of Field, Photographing Children, Photographing People when traveling, Introduction about Catchlights, Tips for Candid Photography, and many more.
c) Portrait Photography by Philip Greenspun
Article Written by Philip Greenspun for Photo.net. He is talking more about Location, Lighting, Equipment, Environment, Spirit, and cropping. Wonderful Portrait Photography Tips, Please check it out.
d) People and Portrait Photography Tips by National Geographic
This article was written by Robert Caputo in August 2007. Robert cover about how to predicting relationship within the frame. This article more about Portraits and Candids.
e) 100 Seriously Cool Self-Portraits and Self Portrait Photography Tips
Very cool post about Self Portraits. Great Tips and Awesome examples written by Josh Johnson for Photo Tuts.
f) Baby Photography Tips
Awesome post about Baby Photography. Talking about Lighting, Smile, Background, and Equipment. Don’t miss checking this, especially if you want to capture your babies in a creative way.
g) 16 Inspirational Portrait Photography Techniques
The article was written by Brian Auer. He is talking more about techniques that are Photoshop, Texture, Overexpose, Underexpose, Back-Light, Posing, Culture, Reflections, Shadows, Un-Focus, Movement, Colors, and Props. Great article about Portrait Photography Techniques.
h) Indoor Portrait Photography Tips
The article was written by Michelle Jinn for Picture Correct. In this article Michelle talking about Background, Lighting Tips, Shutter Speed, Tripod, Focal Length, Experiments, and Reflectors. Nice article though, enjoy it.
i) Photographing Children – Portrait Photography Tips
Portrait Photography Tips for photographing children. Article cover about Show them in Action, Capture their Innocence, Shoot Candidly, Holiday Portraits, Group Shots, and camera equipment.
j) 10 Tip Guide to Getting Started with Street Portraiture
This article about how to capture portraits in the streets. Talking about Equipment, Approach, Settings, Style, and Consistency. Very Nice article to know more about Street Portraiture.
#2 Collection of Portrait Photography Books
- Portrait Photographer’s Handbook
- Master Lighting Guide for Portrait Photographers
- Doug Box’s Guide to Posing for Portrait Photographers
- 100 Ways to Take Better Portrait Photographs
- 500 Poses for Photographing Women: A Visual Sourcebook for Portrait Photographers
- The Art of Children’s Portrait Photography
- Monte Zucker’s Portrait Photography Handbook
- The Portrait Photography Course: Principles, practice, and techniques: The essential guide for photographers
- Fashion Flair for Portrait and Wedding Photography
- Beyond Portraiture: Creative People Photography
#3 List of Portrait Photography Tips and Tutorials Videos
#4 Related Articles
- Understanding Portrait Photography
- 50 Beautiful Classic Portraits from Life Photos
- People of India – Outstanding Collection of Portraits
- Beautiful Portraits of Women
- Portraits of Steve McCurry – An Amazing Collection
- Portrait Photography – A Colorful Collection
- Black and White Portraits – Fabulous Collection